You will not believe it. Instant snow erupts to 100 times its volume. Makes up to 8 gallons per pound. It sparkles and glistens and lasts forever with only a spray of water. Make artificial snow that looks like real snow anytime of year and anywhere, a small or large amount. This artificial snow looks like real snow and can be used again and again. It is the same type snow used by movie companies. Instant snow is a non-hazardous, non-toxic, environmentally safe polymer. Kids love it and it is a great experiment. You pour water into the measured amount of snow and it will pour over the edges of the container! It is so much fun to play with and run your fingers through. It is almost mesmerizing! It feels like winter any time of year with this amazing snow.
We will send a one ounce measuring device and instructions. One ounce will make 1.5 to 2 quarts of snow. You can multiply the proportions and make as much as you want! Great For:
- Special Effects
- Holiday and Home Decorating
- Science Observation and Science Projects and Experiments
- Magic Tricks
- Artificial Snow for Skiing or Snowboarding
- Special Effects and Movies
- Kids Parties
- OR JUST PLAIN FUN!
Instant snow is formulated from the same type of polymer used in baby diapers called sodium polyacrylate. Online Science Mall received dozens of samples from various manufacturers before we chose the best one. This is so much better than other fake and artificial snows. Our Instant Snow quickly expands to many times its initial volume in seconds. Also, we judge this to have nice snow like consistency and white color.
This is often used as a special effect in movies, television and photography and will not harm plants; it will actually help them because of its water holding properties. Snow starts as a fine white powder and when activated by common tap water will expand up to 100x its original volume. One ounce (measure included) will produce up to two quarts of snow. (Hard water will produce less; distilled water will produce the highest volume). Snow Facts:
- Snow can be allowed to dry and reused
- Snow is not harmful to the environment
- Snow can be colored by using food coloring in the water
- Snow can be used for indoor skiing, snowboarding and sledding
- Snow has been used as a fire retardant in certain applications
- Once your snow is made you will have to maintain it with a little spraying of water now and then. Snow always has a slightly cool feeling due to the evaporation of water from it but it will not approach the freezing temperature of real snow
- Salt will release the water from the snow but the instant snow will lose its water absorbing qualities forever
- Instant Snow is slippery, be careful if walking on it.
2 gallons covers: 25cm (10 inches) x 36cm (14 inches)@ 10cm (4 inches) deep
4 gallons covers: 36cm (14 inches) x 51cm (20 inches)@ 10cm (4 inches) deep
8 gallons covers: 51cm (20 inches) x 76cm (30 inches) @ 10cm (4 inches) deep
|Country of Origin||No|
|Available for Gift Wrap||No|