The 40 Specimen Washington School Collection is one of the most popular rock and mineral collection for schools. We also are including a zip-lock bag of 40 unlabeled specimen chips known as the Washington Student Collection that is designed to accompany the Washington School Collection. Students can try to identify the chips by comparing their characteristics to the already labeled specimens. Provides a challenging, yet thoroughly enjoyable exercise. Many schools buy a student kit for each student. Each collection includes 40 specimens in the following areas:
- Rock-Forming Minerals: Augite, Calcite, Gypsum, Muscovite, Quartz, Hornblende, Microcline, Biotite
- Ores of Common Metals: Bauxite-Aluminum Ore, Galena-Lead Ore, Hematite-Iron Ore, Pyrolusite-Magnesium Ore, Magnetite-Iron Ore, Malachite-Copper Ore, Pyrite-Iron/Sulfur Ore
- Ores of Common Nonmetals: Fluorite, Dolomite, Barite, Graphite, Talc
- Sedimentary Rocks: Calcareous Tufa, Limestone, Conglomerate, Fossil Limestone, Sandstone, Oil Shale, Arkose
- Igneous Rocks: Andesite, Obsidian, Rhyolite, Pumice, Granite, Gabbro, Basalt
- Metamorphic Rocks: Hornfels, Slate, Gneiss, Marble, Mica Schist, and Quartzite.
Specimens are 2 x 1.5 in size and come stored in a compartmentalized container.We also sell the 40 piece unmarked student set separately for $5.95 to help practice identifiying the rocks.(RC116)
Recommended for Grades 5-12.
|Country of Origin||No|
|Available for Gift Wrap||No|
- Warning - Choking Hazard - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years
- Caution - Intended for children older than 8 years of age.