Returns, Refunds, and Exchanges
Here at Online Science Mall, we want you to love what you've ordered. However, we do understand that every once and a while things just don't quite work out for one reason or another and you'd like to return it for a refund or exchange. The following will outline our policy on returns, refunds or exchanges. If there are any questions about our policies, please contact us either by phone, (205)683-9765, or through the Contact Us link.
When returning an item for either a refund or an exchange, please be sure to include a copy of your invoice or packing slip. Doing this will allow us to expedite the processing of the returned merchandise. If a packing slip or invoice is not included, an additional 3-4 days may ensue as we try to track down your purchase in our order management system.
Please note that there are some exceptions to the refund policy: Pre-poured agar, due to its perishable nature, is non-refundable. Special orders, due to the time we put into tailoring something to your specific needs, are non-refundable. In special instances a restocking fee maybe applied.
Returns & Refunds
- All returns must be made within 30 days, and be either unopened or in original condition and include the original packaging.
- The customer is responsible for any fees associated with returning merchandise. The only exception to this is if the reason for the return is due to an error on our part, or the part of one of our suppliers. Should this occur, we will refund the cost of shipping back to us.
- Refunds are generally processed 3-4 business days after the item has arrived at our facility. Please note that this time-frame does not include the length of time it takes UPS or USPS to deliver your item(s) to us.
- A refund of the purchase price minus the cost of shipping will be refunded to the customer. In special instances the customer will be notified that a restocking fee may apply.
To exchange an item for something else, please be sure to read over the Returns & Refunds policy above. For all exchanges, the customer is responsible for the costs associated with returning the undesired item, as well as the cost of shipping out the new item.
- If the new product has a lesser value than the original, a refund will be applied to the customer's account.
- If the new product has a greater value than the original, the customer will be responsible for paying the remaining balance.
Please note that the new items will not be shipped until the original item has been returned to our facilities.
Warranty repairs on equipment must be handled according to the warranty requirements of the different manufacturers, and may require that the items be sent to them, not Online Science Mall. The customer is responsible for contacting the manufacturer, and arranging warranty repairs/services.